Moist One Bowl Banana Cake! Recipe & Video
Updated: Oct 5, 2020
What I love about banana cake is that it is such an easy cake to make, and a great way to use up ripe bananas that haven't been eaten up!
The recipe below is my easy one bowl banana cake recipe, that produces a delicious and moist banana cake. Add a dollop of butter on top (or buttercream if you could be bothered making some), a cup of tea on the side, and your perfect afternoon tea is ready!
If you'd like to watch how this easy banana cake comes together (plus some bonus decorating clips), check out my YouTube video here:
Prep time: 10 minutes │ Cook time: 55 minutes │ Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Yield: One 8 inch cake.
- 2 and a 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 3 eggs
1) Preheat oven to 150C (302F) and prepare a 8 inch cake tin by lining the bottom with baking/parchment paper and lightly greasing the sides.
2) Sift the self-raising flour and baking soda into a bowl. Add in sugar and mix.
3) Create a well in the centre of the bowl, and add in the remaining ingredients. Whisk the wet ingredients that are in the middle of the bold gently until the egg yolks become slightly beaten. Do this gently to avoid mixing in any of the dry ingredients yet.
4) Once the wet ingredients are slightly mixed together, gently fold in the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over-mix.
5) Bake for 55 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6) Leave it to cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes before removing it from the pan, and then once removed, let it cool completely.
If you try this recipe out or have any questions, then please leave me a comment below! I'd be happy to answer any questions. Also, I'd love to see pictures if you try this recipe out, so don't forget to tag me on Instagram @cakesbymk.nz :)