Easy Eggless Vanilla Cake! Recipe & Video
Since posting my vanilla cake recipe, so many of you have requested an eggless version! To be honest, I don't have a lot of experience with baking eggless cakes, but for the past week I decided to challenge myself and come up with the perfect eggless vanilla cake recipe! After many fails, I finally came up with a recipe I am absolutely in love with, and I hope you guys enjoy it too :)
The best part about this recipe is that it's super easy to make, and has a soft, moist crumb once baked! If you'd like to watch just how easily this cake comes together, check out my YouTube video below!
Prep time: 10 minutes │ Cook time: 50 minutes │ Total time: 1 hour
Yield: One 8 inch cake; Two 6 inch cakes
- 1/3 cup (75g) melted butter
- 3/4 cup (210g) full fat Greek yoghurt
- 3/4 cup (182g) buttermilk (to make your own buttermilk, combine 3/4 cup milk and 3/4 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup (60g) vegetable oil
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoon (10g) vanilla essence/extract
- 1 cup (201g) white sugar
- 2 and 1/4 cup (306g) flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon (6g) baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon (1.5g) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.5g) salt
1) Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F) and prepare your cake tin by lightly greasing and flouring the bottom and sides. (Optional: if you do not want the sides of your cake to be too brown and crusty, then wrap tinfoil around the edge of your cake pan).
2) Combine the melted butter, Greek yoghurt, buttermilk, vegetable oil, vanilla and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk together for 2 minutes.
3) Sift all the dry ingredients into the same bowl, and mix together until the batter is smooth. Avoid overmixing the batter.
4) Transfer the cake batter into your cake tin and bake for 50 minutes.
5) Allow the cake to cool in the cake tin for about 25 minutes, and then turn over onto a wire rack and allow the cake to cool completely.
6) Ice and decorate with whichever frostings and fillings you like and enjoy! :)
If you do try this recipe out or have any questions, then please leave me a comment below! I'd be happy to answer any questions. Also, I'd love to see pictures if you try this recipe out, so don't forget to tag me on Instagram @cakesbymk.nz :)