Easy Chocolate Mousse!
Recently I released a video on how to make a professional dessert using balloons, and in that video I made a really easy and super delicious chocolate mousse! I've linked the video below for those of you who would like to watch the full dessert come together, but if you're just looking for a easy and delicious chocolate mousse recipe, then scroll down for the full recipe and instructions! :)
If you'd like to see the full video on how to create the dessert above, then you can view my YouTube video here.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes │ Set time: 3 hours (less for smaller dessert portions) │ Total time: 3 hours 10 minutes.
Yield: One 10 inch round mould.
- 2 cups + 1/2 cup (600ml) cream
- 2 cups + 1/4 cup (400g) 50% dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon (6g) instant coffee mixed into a 1/4 cup warm water
1) Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 second bursts (mixing in between each burst) until it's fully melted.
2) While the chocolate is cooling down, mix the coffee with water into the cream and whip until soft peaks begin to form (a few minutes).
3) Fold the chocolate into the cream until fully incorporated.
4) Transfer the mixture into a mould (or spring form cake tin).
5) Allow to set in the refrigerator for 3 hours. It is then ready to serve :)
Note: keep mousse refrigerated.
If you do try this recipe out or have any questions, then please leave me a comment below! I'd be happy to answer any questions. Also, I'd love to see pictures if you try this recipe out, so don't forget to tag me on Instagram @cakesbymk.nz :)