1 Minute Double Chocolate Mug Cake! - Recipe & Video
Sometimes when you're craving a sweet chocolate fix, you don't want to go through the process of baking a whole cake. You want something that's quick and easy, that's still going to be just as delicious! Well, this double chocolate mug cake is exactly that - I promise!
I've tried so many mug cake recipes, and after some experimenting and chopping and changing my favourite recipes, I've finally come up with the ultimate mug cake! If you'd like to watch just how easy it is to put this mug cake together, you can check out my YouTube video.
Prep time: 4 minutes │ Cook Time: 1 minute │ Total time: 5 minutes.
Yield: One mug cake
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of white granulated sugar (you can use brown also if you'd like a more gooey texture)
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 20 grams of coarsely chopped 50% dark chocolate (you want the chunks to be relatively big so you get nice chocolate chunks in your cake).
1) In a microwave safe mug, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and mix together with a fork.
2) Mix the instant coffee into the milk, and mix together until the coffee is dissolved.
3) Pour the milk/coffee mixture into the mug, along with the vanilla essence and vegetable oil. Mix until combined (do not overmix).
4) Fold in the chocolate.
5) Microwave for 1 minute. Cooking time can vary depending on the strength of your microwave, so if your cake needs a little longer, you can pop it into the microwave for another 10 seconds and you should be good to go!
6) Garnish with whatever you like! I like putting some whipped cream on top. Ice cream or fresh fruit work great too!
If you do try this recipe out or have any questions, then please leave me a comment below! I'd be happy to answer any questions. Also, I'd love to see pictures if you try this recipe out, so don't forget to tag me on Instagram @cakesbymk.nz :)